Commonwealth Memory Care is Norfolk’s only Memory Care facility dedicated to the care of those with Alzheimer’s, dementia and memory loss. We are situated conveniently close to three major medical campuses – Bayview Medical Center, Bon Secours De Paul Medical Center and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, and many nearby medical offices.
Our three-story facility recently underwent a $2.5 million renovation and just launched our signature Sweet Memories program, staffed with compassionate, 24-hour caregivers, specially trained to offer those experiencing memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia the attention they need, as well as the safety and security they require. Commonwealth Memory Care provides healthy dining options, personal care services and activities that stimulate mind and body.
For residents throughout Commonwealth Memory Care at Norfolk, we provide the services required for residents to carry out the activities of daily living. With sensitivity and respect, we help with bathing, dressing, meals and exercise.
Our experienced staff prepares nutritious meals and snacks, which are served in one of the elegantly-decorated dining rooms on each of our three floors.
Housekeeping, linen services, transportation arrangements and many other resident needs are taken care of by our attentive and courteous staff.
Commonwealth Memory Care at Norfolk offers these Sweet Memories Care Services:
- 24-hour caregivers especially trained to assist dementia residents
- Healthy, family-style dining options that meet dining skill levels and resident nutritional needs
- Regularly activity schedules that stimulate the mind and body, as well as customized socialization programs designed to fit the cognitive, social and mental skills of the resident (Ask about our relaxing Snoezelen Room!)
- Open and secure outdoor spaces such as courtyards and gardens
- Monthly support group meetings for families
- Quarterly resident care plan reviews
- We also offer these Assisted Living Care Services:
- Private or semi-private rooms with private baths
- Personal care services such as bathing, grooming, dressing, transferring, and toileting
- Medication management
- Weekly housekeeping/linens
- 24-hour staffing
- Open-door policy that encourages 24-hour visitation
- Monthly family night dinners
- Community newsletter
Our commitment to caring and respectful service extends to the families of our residents. We work with you and your loved ones to create the environment you desire and provide the care you need.